BusinessWest Announces 40 Under Forty Class of 2019
(413) 781-8600, ext. 102
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: April 30, 2019
SPRINGFIELD — BusinessWest, the business journal of Western Mass., recently unveiled its 40 Under Forty Class of 2019, the 13th compilation of rising stars in the regional business community.
More than 190 nominations were received for this year’s class, with entries scored by a panel of five judges who weighed everything from career accomplishments to involvement in the community. Those with the 40 highest scores made the list.
As the profiles (list of links to profiles below) reveal, each 40 Under Forty winner is different and unique, hailing from a myriad of industries. Many are advancing the work of long-established businesses, while others, with an entrepreneurial bent, created their own opportunities instead of waiting for them to emerge.
The class of 2019, its diversity, and its individual and collective accomplishments will be celebrated at the annual 40 Under Forty Gala on June 20 at the Log Cabin Banquet & Meeting House in Holyoke. To order tickets or for more information, call (413) 781-8600. Event sponsors include Health New England (Continued Excellence Award presenting sponsor), PeoplesBank (presenting sponsors), Baystate Health, Comcast Business, Isenberg School of Management UMass Amherst, Live Nation, Mercedes-Benz of Springfield, MGM Springfield, MP, CPA’s, (sponsors), WWLP 22 News (media partner) and YPS of Greater Springfield (partner).
Profiles of each winner can be read in the April 29 issue, or on the magazine’s website,
40 Under Forty, Class of 2019:
- Sarah Adams, Project Planner, Tighe & Bond
- Aleda Amistadi, Senior Vice President, PeoplesBank
- Joy Baglio, Founder & Director, Pioneer Valley Writers’ Workshop
- Gary Bernice, Director of Bands, Springfield High School of Science and Technology
- Myles Callender, Construction Manager & Healthy Homes Assessor, Revitalize CDC
- Nicole Carlson, Assistant Professor for Academic Programs, Online Education, UMass Amherst
- Nicolle Cestero, Senior Vice President for Huan Resources and Chief of Staff, American International College
- Jean Christy, Senior Engineer, Tighe & Bond
- Liane Comeau, Existing Business Sales Manager, Health New England
- Alex Dixon, former General Manager, MGM Springfield
- Rebecca Dobert, Project Manager, Geriatrics Workforce Enhancement Program, Practice Manager, Division of Geriatrics & Palliative Care, Baystate Health
- Lauren Duffy, Executive Vice President & Chief Operating Officer, UMassFive College Federal Credit Union
- Sally Ekus, Literary Agent & Manager, the Lisa Ekus Group
- Sally English, Clubhouse Regional Director, Hampden County, Viability, Inc.
- Nicole Florian-Theriaque, Audit Supervisor, Wolf & Co., P.C.
- Paul Gallagher, President, Gallagher Real Estate
- Daniel Hartman, Principal Engineer and Associate Partner, Mott MacDonald Global Engineering
- Donald Havourd, Founder, Migliore Luxury Car Care Products; Director, MassMutual
- Trista Hevey, Director of MBA Alumni & Corporate Relations, Isenberg School of Management, UMass Amherst
- Finley Janes, Education Specialist, Amherst Cinema
- Jesse Lederman, Springfield City Councilor; Pre-Admission Advisor and Recruitment Coordinator, UMass Amherst, University Without Walls
- Jynai McDonald, Western Mass. Regional Manager, Training Resources of America, Inc.
- Amie Miarecki, Director of Community Relations, Sunshine Village
- Amelia Mosley, Business Account Executive, Comcast Business
- Jake Oliveira, Assistant Executive Officer, Massachusetts State Universities Council of Presidents; School Committee Member, Ludlow Public Schools; President Emeritus, Massachusetts Assoc. of School Committees; Regional Director, National School Boards Assoc.
- Dorothy Ostrowski, President & Co-owner, Adams & Ruxton Construction Co.
- Leah Phillips, Attorney, Law Office of Leah M. Phillips
- Phillip Ringwood, Executive Director, DIAL/SELF Youth & Community Services
- Lindsay Sabadosa, State Representative, First Hampden District
- Payton Shubrick, Innovation & Design Thinking Manager, MassMutual
- Elizabeth Simpson, Associate Director of Planned Giving, Western New England University
- Bill Spirer, Founder & Executive Director, Springfield Preparatory Charter School
- James Stephenson, President, Precision Auto
- Jennifer Stevens, Director of Pharmacy, Wellfleet
- Siobhan Murphy Sullivan, Owner & Director, Giggles Daycare
- Lukasz Szpakowski, Project Manager, the Whiting-Turner Contracting Co.
- Theo Theocles, Deputy City Procurement Officer, City of Springfield
- Ryan Watson, Vice President, Engineering Operations, Belcan Engineering
- Peter Wirth, Owner, Mercedes-Benz of Springfield
- Alyson Yorlano, Attorney, Lyon & Fitzpatrick, LLP