Berkshire Bank Honors Top Employee Volunteers
Berkshire Bank is excited to announce the 2019 Volunteer Service X-ellence Award winners. Each year, Berkshire Bank recognizes employees for their volunteerism in the community by naming three top volunteers. The annual awards program celebrates company employees who have made outstanding contributions to their communities.
The three award recipients were selected based on their strong record of volunteerism to nonprofit organizations through both company-supported activities and individual service in the broader community. Each of the award winners received a $1,000 donation that will be made to the nonprofit organization of their choice.
This year’s Volunteer X-ellence Award winners included:
- Shanatia Bygrave: Hudson, NY. Financial Services Representative in Hudson, NY. Tia received the Volunteer Service X-ellence Award for her leadership and participation in the bank’s corporate volunteer program.
- Leonard O'Dea: Pittsfield, MA. Money Desk Officer in Pittsfield, MA. Leonard received the Volunteer Service X-ellence Award for his leadership and individual volunteer service activities outside of his role at the bank.
- Melissa Myers: Pittsfield, MA. Compliance Analyst in Pittsfield, MA. Melissa received the Volunteer Service X-ellence Award for her leadership and service in both company-supported and individual volunteer activities.
In addition to the three Volunteer Service X-ellence Award recipients, Berkshire Bank named 26 employees to their Community Service Honor Roll. The employees eligible for the Honor Roll completed a minimum of 150 hours of volunteer service in the last calendar year. Honor Roll recipients will each receive a $500 donation that will be put towards the nonprofit organization of their choice.
The honorees included:
- Abisola Akande: Marlborough, MA
- Erin Albert: Pittsfield, MA
- George Austin: Pittsfield, MA
- Teddi Averin: Westfield, MA
- Patrick Browne: Burlington, MA
- Marcy Canaday: Pittsfield, MA
- Lisa Davison: Rome, NY
- Christopher Del Valle: Worcester, MA
- Renee DeSantis: Pittsfield, MA
- Daniel Elias: Pittsfield, MA
- Vincent Higuera: Pittsfield, MA
- Scott Holzhauer: Pittsfield, MA
- Melissa Hoyt: Manchester Center, VT
- Jennifer Hunt: East Syracuse, NY
- LeeAnn Johnson: Newington, CT
- Nicole Mastroeni: Rutland, VT
- Michelle McMonagle: Blue Bell, PA
- Nina Melker: Mercerville, NJ
- Kevin Murphy: Pittsfield, MA
- Melissa Myers: Pittsfield, MA
- Matthew Nicholl: New Hartford, NY
- Leonard O'Dea: Pittsfield, MA
- Patricia O'Meara: Burlington, MA
- Jeffrey Stone: Albany, NY
- Felix Trinidad: Needham, MA
Established in 2008, the XTEAM®, Berkshire Bank’s nationally acclaimed Employee Volunteer Program, helps the bank and employees give back to the communities in which they live and do business. Every company employee receives paid time off to participate in service projects that usually occur during regular business hours. In 2018, 100% of Berkshire Bank’s employees participated in the program helping to impact over one million lives.
About Berkshire Bank
Berkshire Bank, is recognized for its entrepreneurial approach, relationship customer experience and distinctive culture. With $12.2 billion in assets, Berkshire provides business and consumer banking, mortgage, wealth management, investment and insurance services through 109 full service branch offices throughout New York, Connecticut, Vermont, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and Massachusetts, including Commerce Bank, a division of Berkshire Bank. Berkshire Hills Bancorp (NYSE: BHLB) is the parent of Berkshire Bank. Berkshire Bank was named one of Massachusetts' Most Charitable Companies by the Boston Business Journal in 2018. The Company has a pending agreement to acquire SI Financial Group, Inc. and its subsidiary, Savings Institute Bank and Trust Company, a $1.6 billion dollar bank with 18 branches in Eastern CT and 5 branches in Rhode Island. To learn more, visit www.berkshirebank.com, call 800-773-5601 or follow us on: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn. Berkshire Bank is the official bank of NESN's Boston Bruins coverage. Life is Exciting. Let us help.®
# # #