BAYSTATE HEALTH ISSUES NEW VISITATION POLICY
Beginning Monday, June 15, Baystate Health hospitals will permit one visitor per hospital inpatient. The one visitor is separate from the exceptions that have been in place since our visitor restrictions began, which are:
* One parent or guardian for a patient under the age of 18
* One birthing partner for a woman in labor
* One person at a time for a hospice or end-of-life patient
* One clergy member for an end-of-life patient
* One companion for an intellectually/physically disabled patient
At this time, visiting hours are restricted to 12 p.m. – 8 p.m. The one visitor is restricted to being in the patient room and is not permitted in common waiting rooms, cafeteria or gift shop.
The Emergency Departments and outpatient/ambulatory sites will continue with the existing No Visitor Policy (unless by exception as noted above).