Best Practices - Hiring & Firing
A Chamber Workshop
Holiday Inn Express
39 Southampton Road
Westfield, MA 01085
Join Bulkley, Richardson and Gelinas, LLP for this workshop Best Practices—Hiring & Firing and avoid discrimination claims!
Please note: This is a continuation of the workshop that took place on Monday, October 16, 2017. If you attended this workshop, please attend to get the "termination" segment.
Attorneys Mary Jo Kennedy and Jennifer Cannon from Bulkley, Richardson and Gelinas, LLP will present on the subject of best practices for hiring and firing to avoid discrimination claims. This interactive and informative program will cover:
- Overview of federal and state employment laws
- Tips for preventing liability under these laws
- What questions you can ask in an interview and what questions are prohibited
- Reviewing protected classes under federal and state law
- Documenting performance management/reviews
- Steps the employer should take when preparing for a termination
- Protecting the business from liability for discrimination when terminating employees
A question-and-answer session will follow the presentation.
FREE to Chamber Members/$30 for General Admission
Call Pam at the Chamber office @413.568.1618 or email email@example.com for more information.