Greater Westfield Chamber of Commerce

I’ve just paid a lot of money to develop a logo for my business. What can I do to make sure no one else uses it?

You can trademark your business name and logo, both on a state and federal level. In Massachusetts, the Secretary of State’s office registers trademarks. Information on applying for a trademark in Massachusetts can be found at the Secretary’s website, You can also register your mark with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office. Details can be found at their website, The federal application process is significantly more complicated than the process in Massachusetts, and it is strongly recommended that you consult an attorney who specializes in intellectual property matters to assist you with the application.

Last update on January 17, 2011 by Administrator.

Go back

Do you have a question or comment about doing business in Westfield?

Click here to send the Greater Westfield Chamber of Commerce your business questions.

This site is intended to provide information about doing business in the Greater Westfield area.  It is not intended to take the place of consulting an advisor such as an attorney or accountant.  You should not treat the answers on this site as legal, accounting or professional advice.  Such advice can only be properly given by qualified professionals who are fully aware of your particular circumstances.  While we have made efforts to keep the site current, many of the laws, regulations and ordinances referred to change on a regular basis, and so the information provided may not reflect the most current legal developments.